While ICABR has always tried to be inclusive of different experiences and perspectives, in 2019 the committee decided it was time to discuss the role of diversity both in our conference and bioeconomy.
In our first-ever panel on Nextgen and bioeconomy, Drs Leigh Anderson (University of Washington) and David Zilberman (University of California Berkeley) chaired a discussion on Gender and the Next Bioeconomy Generation, with presented Dr. Jill McCluskey (Washington State University), Dr. Jennifer A. Thomson (University of Cape Town), and Dr. Scott Swinton (MichiganState University). Along with this great panel and discussion, Dr. Anderson presented the following video on Gender and NextGen of Bioeconomy.
- Hayat Ebrahim, Case Team Leader at Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA)
- Dr. Jennifer Holmgren, CEO at Lanzatech
- Dr. Didier Y. Alia, Post-Doctoral Research Associate at Evans School of Public Policy and Governance, UW
- Dr. Mary Bohman, Deputy Director of the Bureau of Economic Analysis, U.S. Dept. of Commerce
- Dr. Amparo Palacio-Lopez, Senior Economist at The World Bank
- Dr. Leigh Anderson, Professor at Evans School of Public Policy and Governance, UW